Under the Old Testament law, sins that were not punishable by death, were atoned for through the sacrifice of an animal’s life. The shedding of blood was required to atone for all other sin. We might wonder why such a terrible thing was required by God. Why were innocent little lambs and doves slain and their blood sprinkled on the altar? If we place ourselves in the situation of being instructed to kill an animal for telling a lie or committing some other types of sin. We can see and understand an innocent animal must be sacrificed because of our sin, which illustrates the awfulness of sin. God wanted Man to understand that whenever any sin was committed, it meant death for something or someone.

If we were still under the Old Testament law today, we would still be required to shed the blood of an Animal, or someone to atone for our sins. The Lord wanted us to realize that the penalty of sin would cause a life to be taken. So people would be required to bring an unblemished dove, lamb, type of innocent Animal and bring it to be slain upon an altar as an offering for their sins.Through this sacrifice the impact of sin became real to them. Today not only does the blood of Jesus bring cleansing to the body. We also can see in Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot or blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

The Lord desires that all the evil from within our hearts and minds and consciences be purged so we can have the mind of Christ. This cleansing process is accomplished by applying the Word of God to our lives. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. By fellowshipping with other Christians, fully studying the Word. John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. The more of His Word that we know and apply, the cleaner our vessel shall be. The Word of God cleanses and the blood of Jesus cleanses. When Jesus offered up His blood, He did it so that you and I could become clean, holy vessels.

The blood of Jesus Christ brings Eternal life to everyone of us, who accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Just as blood beating through the physical Human body keeps the body alive. Those who do not know the Lord Jesus are dead and have no life in them. Also, those who refuse to accept Christ will never receive eternal life. 1 John 5:11-12 and this is the testimony that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. Jesus said in John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Another function of the human blood is its capacity to bring healing to the physical body. Human blood is composed of more than just red blood cells. In fact, over half (55 percent) of our blood is not red at all. It is a clear liquid, known as plasma, that is 92 percent water. The other 8 percent includes many essential substances necessary to keep our bodies healthy. These are proteins, hormones, vitamins, enzymes and salts. Should the body become ill, the blood alters its normals to adjust and promote healing. The white blood cells are the body’s first line of defense against bacterial invaders. When bacteria enter the body, white blood cells are produced in great numbers. They travel to the infection and engulf the invaders. The blood of Jesus spiritually does the same for the body of Christ. Amen.

If you enjoyed this Blog Post please share it with family and friends. Kathy and I love and enjoy doing our daily Devotionals and daily scripture verses, but we also enjoy sharing Jesus Christ and God in outreach. We need and appreciate any donations to help us help those we find, who are homeless, need help making it through each month. Please if you can will you give an offering using our Paypal here, thank you God bless you all.Amen.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s